REALITY CHECK is a teen led, adult supported program working across New York State.
REALITY CHECK aims to expose the manipulative and deceptive marketing tactics of the tobacco industry. The tobacco industry actively exploits and markets a deadly and addictive product that is enticing to youth.
REALITY CHECK strives to produce change in our communities through grassroots education, mobilization, political education and media campaigns.
REALITY CHECK stands for being more than a replacement for the 1200 customers Big Tobacco loses daily in the United States alone.
REALITY CHECK wants big tobacco to know that WE WON’T BE BOUGHT.
- Build and maintain a diverse youth action infrastructure in New York.
- Engage youth as leaders and activists in the movement against tobacco use and the tobacco industry.
- Educate community members and leaders about the manipulative and deceptive marketing tactics of tobacco companies, and mobilize them to take action.
- Engage community leaders and decision makers in support of community actions against tobacco and the tobacco industry.
- Develop media relationships and work to garner earned media.
- Utilize the youth voice to demand societal support to hold the tobacco industry accountable for its actions and to change the social norms that support those actions.
- Contribute to the advancement and growth of a youth action movement against the tobacco industry locally, statewide, nationally and internationally.
Interested in learning about some of the creative ways Reality Check activists get their message out there?
Contact Manager, Reality Check at (585) 484-1503.
Visit the Reality Check of New York Website at http://www.realitycheckofny.com/